Systems and Network Engineer
Come work at one of the top network and cybersecurity companies in the United States. QPC offers great benefits with opportunities to move forward and learn alongside accomplished leaders. We're seeking an experienced and outstanding member of staff.
QPC Security consists of a team of engineers, architects, information security officers, compliance experts, and people who value operational security. QPC's leadership has 30 years of cybersecurity experience and is an internationally recognized CISO. Leadership is committed to the organization, is not looking to sell, and the company has been profitable since opening. QPC has never laid off staff due to economics. QPC has significant operational maturity with an extensive training and resource library.
If you want a truly unique experience, without all of the corporate roadblocks, and an opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the rapidly changing cybersecurity industry, then we encourage you to view our open opportunities. Learn more about what we do by visiting the resources and links provided on our website.
The ideal candidate is an experienced IT professional with strong systems and networking skills coupled with customer support and project management. The ideal candidate must be able to fix, maintain, implement and support a wide variety of technologies. Security consulting does not involve silos. One must be able to implement and maintain the security posture holistically across the entire technology stack of an organization including its human processes and written policies.
Successful job candidates have substantial expertise in these areas. Cybersecurity career resources.
Education, Experience, and Certifications*:
- Associate degree required; advanced degree desired
- 5 years of IT or project management experience
- Network+ certification to be completed within 180 days (or currently hold certification)
- Security+ certification to be completed within 200 days (or currently hold certification)
- Network Security Essentials certification to be completed within 180 days (or currently hold certification)
- An additional Watchguard technical certification must be completed within 365 days of start date
*Job offers for this position are contingent upon satisfactory completion and results of pre-employment background checking.
- Salary $50,000-$90,000, negotiable with experience
- Reimbursements for exams
- Virtually unlimited access to training
- Top quality computers, headsets, web cams, and tech to successfully work from home
- Occasional onsite visits to local clients (if you are a local applicant)
- Company perks for performance
- Flex Time
- Respond to client service requests and things that look like support tickets but are frequently full-on situations. Investigate, propose solution to CISO and implement after authorization.
- Participate in the design and implementation of systems, software, and networks for clients.
- Successfully manage projects including thorough documentation and client facing communications .
- Assist in presales technical support as needed.
- Attain certifications as required for the organization to meet vendor guidelines, as well as to keep current with ongoing requirements for the role and the company.
- Participate in training as required for the organization to meet vendor guidelines, as well as to keep current with ongoing requirements for the role and the company.
Must Have Skills
- Ownership of assigned tasks
- Coordination of service via phone, email, ticketing and project portals
- Mastery of the English language, use of proper grammar, style, and spelling in written and verbal communications
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Ability and desire to develop relationships with clients and internal staff
- Follow process and identify possible improvements
- Precise and accurate execution of tasks in a timely manner
- Time management skills
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience troubleshooting and installing servers, firewalls, routers, switches
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Server and PC products at a high level
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft 365
- Server, Workstation, Network IoT Patching and Vulnerability Management
- VLANs, Tagging, ACLSs, Routing, Subnetting, IPv4, TCP/UDP, OSI model
Nice to Have Skills
- Exchange infrastructure
- Synology NAS
- 3CX and VOIP
- SIP trunking
- Experience with Acronis or Veeam backup products
What We Offer
Work from the comfort of your own home.
Virtually unlimited access to additional technical trainings.
A full-time position
Attractive salary package.
Flex Time Policy
Flexible time policies for all full-time employees.
Typical monthly workload as a Systems and Network Engineer at QPC Security:
- Conduct penetration tests
- Conduct vulnerability assessments
- Implement complex networking and wireless solutions for high density environments such as hospitals, hotels, and multi-family housing
- Deploy MFA solutions
- Deploy new security risk mitigations to environments and endpoints
- Deploy advanced wireless solutions
- Network re-architecture projects
- Advanced network protections
- Implement and configure enterprise identity solutions
- Implement, configure, troubleshoot, and monitor VOIP phone systems
- Implement, configure, maintain Office 365, Azure Active Directory, InTune/MEM, Azure Information Protection, Office 365 backup, Advanced Threat Protection, AD Connect, Windows Hello, and related technologies
- Develop new scripts and code as needed to facilitate optimal monitoring, securing, management, and systems automation
- Implement and maintain phone systems
- Implement and maintain physical door access control systems
- Maintain or develop high quality documentation as part of nearly all tasks
- Document changes, status, and associated relevant information inside of the company time entry system, ticketing system, and project management system.
- Setup new workstations/laptops for client staff and migrate client staff to those new systems
- Review vulnerability assessment reports and action the corrections. Verify that vulnerabilities are removed or properly mitigated, and compliance documentation is updated
- Conduct training for client staff so that staff is utilizing technology securely and in accordance with company policy
- Provide end user support as needed